In the weeks past, I have been talking about Leadership and Service in my youtube video and today I would like to share with you my top 10 quotes of one of Africa’s great leaders- Kofi Annan.
Kofi Annan is the seventh Secretary- General of the United Nations and part recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize of 2001. He served as an exemplary leader and gained much respect for his achievements in the UN during his tenure.
Find his quotes below:
- “Leadership arise not from your position but from your action.”
- “To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.”
- “We have the means and the capacity to deal with our problems, if only we can find the political will.”
- “You are never too young to lead.”
- “Let us be good stewards of the Earth we inherited. All of us have to share the Earth’s fragile ecosystems and precious resources, and each of us has a role to play in preserving them. If we are to go on living together on this earth, we must all be responsible for it.”
- “I am often asked what can people do to become a good global citizen. I reply that it begins in your own community.”
- “Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda. Our mission, therefore, is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with the outstretched hand of generosity.
- “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family”
- If you have a problem and you can’t find a solution, you meet again tomorrow and you keep talking until you find a solution. You can disagree with behavior or a particular position, but you do not resort to calling an opponent worthless.”
- “More than ever before in human history, we share a common destiny. We can master it only if we face it together. And that is why we have the United Nations.”
Which of the quotes inspires you? And what do you think of Kofi Annan as one of Africa’s leaders?
Drop your thoughts in the comment section.
– Moses Oruaze Dickson